"Management of time is a systematic way of doing all activities in any field of human effort"
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a two year internationally-recognized degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. The value of the MBA, is not limited strictly to the business world. An MBA can also be useful for those pursuing a managerial career in the public sector, government, private industry, and other areas.
At HIMT College, attaining an MBA allows you to learn how to successfully manage, lead, organize and adapt in a variety of business environments. It includes a core curriculum of subjects, such as accounting, economics, marketing, and operations, as well as elective courses that allow participants to follow their own personal or professional interests. The skills learned through an MBA program prepare you with practical skills as well as theoretical knowledge that you can further your business aspirations with. An MBA can translate your raw potential into great opportunities.
- The students would be able to apply best practices to solve managerial issues.
- They would be able to integrate theories and practice to perform strategic analysis.
- They will be prepared to demonstrate effective written forms of communication and oral business presentations.
- Implement leadership skills to work effectively within diverse teams.
- Identify and analyze ethical responsibilities of businesses.
- Apply decision-making techniques, both quantitative and qualitative analysis, to management issues
- The programme has been designed to equip youngsters with the basic set of knowledge, skills and aptitude that would be required of them in corporate/non-corporate organizations.
- The programme will help students build their professional network among a diverse group of peers while learning from a world-renowned faculty.
- This is achieved through a well-crafted set of curricular and extra-curricular activities prescribed by AKTU, Lucknow and delivered by mix of experts from academia and industry.
- Management games, role plays, team building exercises have been introduced to facilitate learning through entertainment and enactment. Besides, business lab is established to simulate business processes. This further enhances the real-life problem-solving abilities with first person experience through simulation role playing exercises.
- The programme is also geared with certification programmes like Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Advanced Excel and Macros certification for the students to obtain a competitive advantage.
- We also offer Entrepreneurship Development and Intensive Communication Development programs for the students to explore and expand their horizons.
- The students will gain access to career preparation guidance, personalized career advisement, and exclusive job and internship opportunities made available only to students of HIMT College.
- Students are encouraged to organize and participate in intra, inter departmental seminars and intercollegiate fests to enhance their skills and to update them with the latest happenings in the corporate world.
Graduation in any stream with 50% (45% for SC and ST)
DR.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University, Lucknow
MBA Course Details: The Duration of the Course is 2 years, the typical full-time MBA student takes three courses, per semester. Most full-time programs feature two semesters per academic year, which means students can expect to complete their degree two full years after they began the program.
APPROVAL and AFFILIATION
The MBA programme at HIMT College is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi and affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, U.P. The norms and standards, viz infrastructure, faculty and library etc. are followed by the institute.
Students would be required to choose their area of specialisation from the following-
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Operations Management
SCOPE AFTER MBA FROM HIMT COLLEGE
MBA students must have complete knowledge of job opportunities available after MBA in India. Based on that, you will have to nurture your career interest. Business planning, consulting, client relations, resources or system analysis are expected to be a part of your job profile. However, let us take a more specific view of the job opportunities available after MBA in India: -
Banking & Finance: The Banking & Finance domain includes portfolio management and security & investment analysis. MBA graduates can find jobs in banks, insurance companies, security firms and various financial organisations. Some of the top companies that offer jobs in this domain are Barclays, RBS, Nomura, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs etc.
As far as the banks concerned, jobs are available in both public and private sector banks. For getting jobs in public sector banks, students need to clear the recruitment exams conducted by the respective banks. For jobs in private banks, students need to take part in the selection process conducted by banks that involve Group Discussion, Personal Interview, Written Ability Test etc.
Investment Banking: Jobs in the investment banking area have high demand in the market. Some of the top companies that hire suitable candidates for this role are Bank of American Continuum, Motilal Oswal, SBI Capital Markets etc., The responsibility of the employees in this field is to connect investors to fund-needing organisations.
Management Consulting: If you are good at problem-solving, jobs in management consulting are most suitable for you. The responsibility of professionals in management consulting is to solve organisational issues. He/she is also responsible for embracing fresh ideas and new problem-solving methods.
Some of the popular companies that hire MBA graduates as management consultants are Cartesian Consulting, PeopleStrong, Deloitte, Michael Page, Infosys Management Consulting, PwC, KPMG, BCC (Bain) and Cognizant Business Consulting.
Entrepreneurship: Nowadays, entrepreneurship has turned out to be the most favourite option among MBA graduates. The MBA enhances the capability of the students to become an entrepreneur. Experience does not matter if you want to become an entrepreneur. Students need creative and innovative skills to excel in this career.
Data Analytics: Due to the digital revolution, big data has become significant for all types of business such as e-commerce, retail, banking and management. Many popular B-Schools have started offering data analytics course in MBA. Popular companies such as LatentView Analysis, Fractal Analytics etc., hire MBA graduates as data analysts or data scientists.
Private Equity: Similar to investment banking, the investment acumen of a person comes into action in a job profile associated with private equity. Job opportunities in this domain are wide and some of the popular companies that recruit MBA graduates for job roles in private equity are Fullerton, Fidelity Investments, Axis Securities, JP Morgan Chase, Kotak Wealth Management, Bajaj Finserv, ICIC Prudential Asset Management, Indiabulls Housing Finance etc.